$100K — $150K *
Software Engineer - MSS Platform
We are open to remote candidates if not located near the SF, NYC or College Park, MD office.
BlueVoyant is seeking a knowledgeable full-stack software engineer experienced in building cloud solutions to join our Managed Security Services (MSS) Engineering Team. The MSS Engineering team is responsible for the platform enabling our 24/7 Security Operations Center (SOC) to monitor, triage, and remediate security threats. The platform enables the SOC to by providing automated analysis and remediation, making them more effective and efficient.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn about and integrate with industry leading security tools and threat intelligence to solve unique challenges that allow our service to scale with our rapidly growing customer base. Our engineering team has the direct responsibility of choosing the technologies and methodologies needed to best serve our clients and the SOC, we expect our engineers to be owners and involved at every level of the software development process. You’ll be working closely with leaders, product managers, and security experts to fully understand our problems and provide long lasting scalable solutions to our SOC and clients.
Qualifications for the Role:
● Hands-on experience supporting/developing cloud enterprise technology in AWS, Azure, or the GCP cloud environment (we are multi-cloud).
● Experience with Agile frameworks such as Scrum and Agile tools such as JIRA.
● Experience with Continuous Delivery pipelines and the tools used to deliver solutions (GIT, GitLab, BitBucket, Jenkins, AWS Code Deploy, Azure DevOps, etc.).
● Experience with Kubernetes and Docker in cloud environments.
● Expertise with API integration across applications, networks, and cloud environments.
● Experience with cloud storage and database skills in Postgres, DynamoDB, etc.
● Experience in building automation solutions and solving big data problems.
● At least 5+ years of experience developing, tuning and implementing large-scale, complex cloud system architectures.
● Previous cyber security experience is not required, but a plus
● BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field experience.
General responsibilities include:
● Participate in all stages of an agile software development lifecycle, including product ideation, requirements gathering, architecture, design, implementation, testing, documentation, and support.
● Refine our MSS methodology based on industry best practices with continuous feedback against well-defined metrics.
● Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and MSS best practices.
● Ensure technical issues are quickly resolved and help implement strategies and solutions to reduce the likelihood of recurrence.
● Work with peers to ensure the end-to-end solution provided by BV works seamlessly for our clients.
Ideal candidates will:
● Thrive in our small, fast-paced, product-driven environment.
● Collaborate with teams from across the organization.
● Execute on tight schedules and under pressure.
● Present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
● Engineer systems that are maintainable, flexible and scalable.
● Follow a disciplined workflow driven by well-defined requirements.
● Demonstrate ownership of tasks with escalation as needed.
● Be a subject matter expert in how a set of technologies work together.
● Relentlessly push for successful operational outcomes.
● Possess a strong interest or background in cyber security.
BlueVoyant is an expert-driven cybersecurity services company whose mission is to proactively defend organizations of all sizes against today’s constant, sophisticated attackers, and advanced threats.
Led by CEO, Jim Rosenthal, BlueVoyant’s highly skilled team includes former government cyber officials with extensive frontline experience in responding to advanced cyber threats on behalf of the National Security Agency, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Unit 8200 and GCHQ, together with private sector experts. BlueVoyant services utilize large real-time datasets with industry leading analytics and technologies.
Founded in 2017 by Fortune 500 executives, including Executive Chairman, Tom Glocer, and former Government cyber officials, BlueVoyant is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Maryland, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, London, and Latin America.
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States. BlueVoyant provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, BlueVoyant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Valid through: 4/23/2021