OpenROAD is a database-centric, object-oriented, 4GL application development tool that lets you develop and deploy mission-critical, n-tier business applications against databases such as Ingres, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and DB2 UDB. OpenROAD applications run business critical systems for Fortune 100 companies and government agencies and has industry leading customer satisfaction ratings. OpenROAD is built using the same underlying code as the Ingres DBMS.
This position is responsible for creating and maintaining the OpenROAD family of products in OpenROAD 4GL and 3GL. Provides high level analysis related to identifying and resolving bugs in the software as well as software design and development. Solves implementation challenges on Microsoft Windows platforms as well as upgrading existing applications to the latest versions of Ingres and OpenROAD. Evaluates the impact of software performance, and identifies change to maximize Ingres performance or address performance regressions encountered in particular product areas.
• Design, code in OpenROAD 4GL, and 3GL extensions and implement complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on schedule and within budget
• Develop plans outlining steps and time tables for developing programs and communicate plans and status to management and other engineering team members
• Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections
• Perform unit/module/integration testing of software to find errors and confirm programs meet specifications
• Fix bugs, add enhancements, develop new features
• Participate in design and code reviews with other developers
• Work with colleagues to understand customer requirements
• Assist Quality Assurance Team and Customer Support Team as needed
• Review and approve software testing plans for quality assurance
• 9+ years relavent experience in Software Engineering field
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline (or relevant experience)
• Advanced design/debugging/ skills
• Highly analytical thought processes with the ability to solve complex problems
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Preferred programming experience, strong SQL skills are required
- SQL skills. Familiarity with Ingres, Microsoft SQL Server, or Oracle preferred
Preferred Additional Skills:
- OpenROAD, Ingres ABF, Ingres RBF, database procedures, reports, etc.
- Programming skills in scripting environments, e.g., Windows Batch files, Python
Job ID: ES20181906-25346