About the Role:
We are looking for a Java backend software engineer to join our enrollment services team in Franklin, TN. In this role, you will be a contributor on a team of developers to design and build secure services as part of our SaaS biometric-based enrollment ecosystem that delivers services to millions of customers through other customer facing teams using your services.
- You will design, implement, document, test, and support highly-scalable, fault-tolerant, enrollment platform components.
- You will refactor and migrate existing applications to a cloud-based architecture.
- You will identify and execute technical debt items.
- You will participate in design and development of quality practices through test strategies and test automation.
You can expect competitive salary, PTO, and an attractive mix of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and pet insurance, attractive 401K match, flexible hours, educational reimbursement, annual health benefit and casual attire. Relocation assistance is available.
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Travel requirement, such as:
- Ability to travel locally for activities such as meetings, classes, and workshops.
- Must be able to travel occasional by air as needed to attend training, conferences, and related activities.
- Occasional overnight travel as required; should not exceed 10% of the time
Working Conditions, such as:
- General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
Physical Demands, such as:
- Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
- You are a US Citizen (required).
- You have 3+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- You are a self-starter with strong analytical skills and a continuous learning mindset.
- You are competent with the Java programming language, Linux, SQL, and object-oriented concepts.
- You have experience with Spring, JPA, Hibernate, and Domain Driven Design.
- You have migrated backend monolithic applications to microservice architecture.
- You have experience utilizing Amazon Web Services as part of solutions.