The ByAllAccounts Site Engineering team provides leading edge data aggregation capabilities used by financial professionals to make informed decisions for their clients. ByAllAccounts data service delivers reconciliation-ready financial data from more than 15,000 online sources including to multiple accounting, reconciliation, and portfolio management systems.
- Design and implement creative solutions for the expansion and maintenance of ByAllAccounts’ ability to crawl web sites, and extract financial information.
- Design and implement innovative solutions to efficiently process data from complex data sources including Ajax based web sites, Flash, PDF, and web services based data feeds.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an equivalent discipline
- 1-3 years of object-oriented experience (C++ or Java) in a commercial application or commercial service environment.
- Multi-threaded applications
- Regular Expressions/text stream pattern matching
- At least one of: HTTP Protocol, File parsing, Relational database/SQL
- Test Driven Development
- Windows desktop environment
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with a team.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Financial (Investment) terminology and concepts
- Web presentation technologies
- Web services
- Natural language processing
- Experience working with, and optionally contributing to open-source projects
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.