Company Background Working at Plantronics gives you the rare opportunity to make a difference and feel valued, respected and supported, both personally and professionally. You'll find the ideal blend of a casual, fun, friendly atmosphere with a strong commitment to the company's success. Since 1961 Plantronics (NYSE: PLT) people have been bringing sound innovation to the world. We are a world leader in personal audio communications for professionals and consumers. Our reputation for excellence is built on innovative products, a people-centered workplace and strong ethics. Headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, Plantronics and its Clarity division have offices in20 countries, including facilities in Mexico, China, and Europe. Plantronics offers a generous mix of health,financial and lifestyle benefits as well ascareer development opportunities to itsassociates. Discover Plantronics.
Senior Software Engineer - Mobile Solutions
It's an exciting time at Plantronics! We are making a big push towards developing innovative software applications in the cloud. We are looking for a talented software engineering professional with a passion for developing mobile applications.
What you will be doing in this role:
- Drive the architecture for client apps, with emphasis on mobile and watch applications.
- Evaluate the needs for both enterprise and consumer users for the best overall solutions in mobile apps.
- Leading a team of on- and off-shore engineers to develop multiple apps on iOS and Android
- Keeping up to date with latest developments in OS and client devices, and advising management on items with significant impact to Plantronics mobile apps.
- Develop close working relationship with other software, firmware and hardware developer and quality teams, so that problems can be solved wholistically rather than in isolation.
- Mentor junior members in best-of-class development practices.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in: Mathematics, Computer Science, a physical science degree, or Engineering
- 7 years of software development, with 4 years in consumer or enterprise application development
- 3 most recent years in iOS or Android application development. Please provide us with portfolio of apps developed in part or in whole by you
- 1 year as a team lead, with experience leading both in-house and outsourced or international teams
- Architected a non-trivial mobile application using a multiple of these features: multi-threaded applications with asynchronous network connections, enabling external accessories; use SQLite/Core Data for local persistent data; hybrid applications using combined native layout and Angular/HTML layouts; push notification; Location Service & MapKit; UX optimization for tablets; 3rd party API integration, such as for social media or analytics services.
You’ll also possess the following skills:
- Excellent communication in the English language, both in conversation and on paper. Ability to explain complex concepts using simple language.
- Collaboration with peers, superiors, and 3rd parties, to accomplish a common goal. This position will require social interaction with many groups both inside and outside the company.
- Proficiency in at least one mobile development language.
- Ability to apply OOP concepts to application design.
- Project management skills – developing timelines/sprint plans, and tracking projects from start to finish.
- Agile Development. Scrum Master experience highly desirable.
- Database definition and SQL proficiency.
- Server side development in Java or C++
- Test driven development - you will be able to demonstrate your skills at developing high quality software.
- Comfortable with command line on Mac or Windows. Ability to create simple scripts.
Other highly desirable skills and experience:
- Proficiency in at least one scriptinglanguage, such as: Python, Perl, PHP, or Ant.
- Experience using mobile development framework, such as Ionic or NativeScript.
- Software development involving BlueTooth accessory on mobile.
- USB HID device software support on mobile or PC/Mac
Plantronics is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
To all recruitment agencies: Plantronics does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Plantronics employees or any other company location. Plantronics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.