Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Software Engineers have a penchant for solving complex and interesting problems. Pushing the boundaries of current mobile platforms, you will perform technological feats under constrained environments and will be presented with exciting challenges in native or mobile application development.
Our Software Engineers in Mobile Applications work on many projects that carry varying responsibilities. You will build Google products (Advertising, Android, Google+, Chrome, Earth, Gmail, Maps, Search, Wallet or other exciting projects) for either Android or iOS.
If you are an AndroidDeveloper, you will develop applications primarily in Java and using the Android SDK. You might design and develop open-source Android applications that are part of the Android Open Source Project or closed-source Google applications that are the interface to Google services on Android.
If you are an iOSDeveloper, you will develop applications and SDKs primarily in Objective-C and using the iOS SDK.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Write mobile applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Develop web applications using Java, Objective-C, or C++.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Programming experience in Java, Objective-C, or C++.
- Experience in mobile application development.
- Significant programming experience in either Java, Objective-C or C++.
- Deep technical knowledge of mobile application development (either Android or iOS).
- Knowledge of UI frameworks (either Android, iOS, XML), MVP application design and complex, reactive touch based UI.