Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
As a member of MITRE's Software Engineering Technical Center, you will provide hands-on software engineering expertise in a collaborative environment to respond to a diverse set of sponsor needs. You will apply agile methodologies to prototype software solutions that respond to the needs of the end-user, empowers them to improve their business processes, and enables agile and adaptive changes to fielded capabilities to meet the ever-evolving needs.
You will work in a collaborative learning environment where you will work closely with other software engineers in an environment and organization that encourages collaboration, mentoring, and continued learning.
As a software engineering consultant, you will have the opportunity to leverage and grow your software engineering expertise and provide:
• Hands-on Software Design & Development
• Software Architecture & Design
• Software Analysis & Assessments
• User Engagement & Experimentation
• Software Systems Engineering
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar field. Candidate should possess the ability to be responsible for deliverables or parts of deliverables to MITRE customers.
In addition to possessing a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant technical discipline with a focus on Enterprise Software, relevant knowledge in the following will improve your candidacy:
• Strong understanding of full life cycle development methodology skills including Agile methods, Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) and DevOps
• Understanding of the application of software engineering methods
• Understanding of enterprise and software frameworks, Web Services principles and Service Oriented Architecture (SOAs), Microservices, and Cloud-based implementations
• Experience with Internet technologies such as HTTP REST, HTTP SOAP, AJAX, web services, and related emerging web standards
• “Hands-on” full stack development skills in: Java, C++, C#, HTML, SQL
• Knowledge and experience with JSON and XML technology
• Experience with cloud native computing, containers, and frameworks
• Mobile platform development experience (iOS, Android)
• Strong oral/written communication skills