AST's work environment is dynamic, highly collaborative and provides engineers the freedom to strengthen and expand their skills, explore new and innovative ideas, and work directly with our nation's finest service members all while embracing integrity, diversity and work-life balance. Raytheon offers generous reward and recognition programs in compensation, broad career development opportunities, excellent health care options, educational assistance, parental leave, flexible work schedules, every other Friday off (9/80 schedule), 401(k) with matching, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Whether you wish to live near and experience the California coast, the Maryland shores, our Nation's capital, or Utah's lakes and mountains, Raytheon AST encourages you to consider exploring the unique and rewarding opportunities our cutting edge technology team can offer.
We're currently seeking applicants to support the GUI component of a system management application for one of our new programs.
- 4+ years' experience in front and/or back end user interface application development using Google Web Toolkit or similar framework
- Working knowledge and understanding of all phases of software development life cycle
- Effective communication skills (i.e. Oral, Written & interpersonal)
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively on multi-discipline teams
- Ability and willingness to obtain TS/SCI clearance within two years of start date
- 4+ years experience in software application development using C++/object oriented design on Linux platforms
- Practical experience in all phases of software development life cycle including estimation, requirements gathering, design and test driven development
- Experience with build and test automation, continuous integration, and software configuration management tools
- Experience with scripting in Python and Bash
- Knowledge and experience with sockets, TCP/IP and secure SSL/SSH communications
- Experience with GNU and Eclipse based tool chains
- Engineering development experience for telecommunications, wireless communications and/or networking products
- Understanding of telecommunications, data communications and/or wireless communications concepts
- Understanding of signal processing fundamentals
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of network protocols such as TCP/IP
Required Education (including Major):
- BS or MS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent