Mightier is a family-based program developed at Boston Children’s Hospital that empowers children to build emotional strength and supports the caregivers who love them. With Mightier’s innovative game system, players are able to practice keeping their “cool” while playing fun, award-winning mobile games. Three clinical trials at Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, and Mass General have shown Mightier works as well as medications. The program has served over 25,000 families with over 10 million games played. Our mission is to empower every child to build emotional strength.
Why is this role important?
Mightier grows every day, and we are seeking a creative and detail-oriented software engineer to join our growing product and engineering team. In this role, you will help drive the direction of our web product and bring it to the next level with features and robustness. You’ll do this by participating in whiteboard design discussions, designing solutions to take on problems at scale, building consumer-facing features, participating in code reviews, and tackling big architectural milestones on our engineering roadmap. If you enjoy writing code in a collaborative team environment and want to build a product you’d be proud to have your family and close friends use, then we want to hear from you!
- Product development: be part of a small and growing team where you will have a big impact on all aspects of product development.
- Build foundational features: you’ll need to balance product/design initiatives with maintaining the integrity and quality of service of our systems as we evolve them. A few projects on the horizon:
- Parent reporting dashboard
- Sign-up & checkout flows
- Customer management tools
- Expanding our RESTful API’s
- Scale our infrastructure: help us scale 10x with an eye towards 100x, 1000x
- Data management: manage data coming in, data going out, data storage, and data processing pipelines. We want you to come up with answers for how we empower our product teams to answer big questions with data.
- Usability: make sure that what we build delights our customers and is intuitive to use
Relevant experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience.
- We are looking for a recent college graduate.
- Ability to thoroughly test your code and ensure it is a high-quality end product.
- Strong competency in at least one programming language and sound knowledge of software engineering principles, i.e. object-oriented design, algorithmic complexity, and software design patterns.
- Familiar with cloud delivery (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.) and containerization/orchestration (Docker, K8s, etc.).
- Experience with NoSQL data stores (e.g. Redis, ElasticSearch).
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to participate in a culture of feedback and collaboration.
- A love and respect for Python.
- Experience writing Django applications.
- Experience with microservices architecture.
- You like to take ownership from the inception of a feature from the first lines of code to how it performs in production (you build it, you run it).
- You love learning new technologies and new ways to solve problems.
- Comfortable in a culture of fast iteration.
- Your motto is “work smarter, not harder.”