Power AI (PAI) team is looking for an exceptional engineer who is passionate in our journey to democratize AI and bring it closer to "low code/no code" application developers without compromising on extensibility for professional developers or data scientists. PAI is part of Citizen Application Platform (CAP) aka Power Platform. Power Platform is one high productivity platform that spans office 365, Dynamics 365 and standalone applications. Fundamentally democratizing business processes and empowering citizens to make smarter, faster decisions relying on Power apps, Power BI, Flow and now a new addition Power AI. We are a highly collaborative group, and everyone's ideas and contributions count. As a software engineer on the team, you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of large-scale services, APIs and are accountable for the features from development to prod, focusing on automated tests to enable continuous delivery at scale, with a quality first mindset. This is an agile, data-driven and fast-paced environment, where engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from concept to scale.
- Design, implement, and test both server-side and client-side code.
- Ensure availability, latency, scalability needs addressed by engineering reliability into software and systems.
- Focus on operability of the service including security, privacy, resiliency, Business Continuity & disaster recovery.
- Collaborate with partner teams to deliver end-to-end systems and experiences.
- Write and maintain unit tests, integration tests and E2E tests.
- Contribute to team-wide infrastructure investments.
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services or systems.
- Maintain an unwavering focus on Quality of Service. Execute with high accountability.
- Investigate and prototype new technologies and frameworks.
- 3+ years of software development experience with C#, Web API, REST.
- Experience with Azure, SQL, and any cloud platforms or large-scale solutions is a plus. Preferred Qualifications:
- The ideal candidate is an experienced Software Development Engineer with a proven track record of delivering products.
- Real-world experience developing large scale online services with robust performance, resiliency, and telemetry.
- Comfortable driving complex server & client architecture across large product teams.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work in a dynamic/agile environment.
- A passion for improving engineering practices and producing high quality software.
- Self-motivated and customer focused.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.