Successful candidates will exhibit various attributes which will enhance their ability to succeed in this position.
Collaboration - As most development is about working with others, both within an immediate team, as well as across business units and portions of the company, an ability to collaborate effectively is a core competency to have.
Customer Focus - A focus on delivering customer value, and being able to directly tie engineering decisions and actions to that value is a huge plus for successful engineers at any level.
Drive For Results - Being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem through to its conclusion, to solve it once and for all, is a skill and ability which a successful engineer should exhibit.
Technical Excellence - Core to being a software engineer is of course technical excellence. This is not merely knowing the latest and greatest language developments, but demonstrating a passion for technology, a curiosity to ‘go deep’, and an ability to quickly learn and build upon past experiences, to be able to extrapolate from those experiences, and deliver innovations. Technical excellence is rooted in having a strong demonstrable aptitude for problem solving.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate this broad set of attributes well.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Design and implement new full stack features with quality
• Evolve and improve existing features and designs
• Contribute in debugging, troubleshooting complete stack of a service
• Write and maintain automated unit and component tests
• Collaborating closely with members of your team and partner teams
• Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks
• Conduct periodic on call duties
• As the position is one of software engineer, an ability to code is a base requirement. As there are many forms of coding in practical use today., having experience in languages and frameworks such as Ruby, node.js, Python, C#, Java, C, C++, and various others is acceptable, assuming the candidate can demonstrate proficiency in what they know, and can extend their learning to new languages, tools, and environments.
• A demonstrable understanding of software development and testing concepts.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline.
• 1+ year of experience working in a software engineering environment.