Are you a(n event) driven developer? Do forks and threads mean more to you than what you keep in drawers? Are you comfortable deploying every commit to production, automatically? If you can relate, let's talk. We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Microservices team and build the next generation of Updater products.
Updater is one of the fastest growing tech companies in NYC, and our goal is to streamline the moving process for the millions of households who move each year. Moving is complicated, but it shouldn’t be. That’s why our platform is comprised of a suite of both business and consumer-facing apps: from a mover’s dashboard, to a variety of products for real estate companies, to an API and an Integrations Data Platform.
Our microservices are currently written in NodeJS, Python and Go using Docker, and support products and systems in AngularJS, Ruby, and business intelligence tools. We chose these tools thoughtfully because they were the best choice for our products at the time. However, we’re not dogmatic and evaluate new frameworks and our stack frequently. From architecture discussions to evaluating new tools and building out new features, you’ll have a tremendous impact on the team.
As a Software Engineer, you’ll join the team at Updater and be instrumental in building out the microservices platform, along with the core services themselves that will drive the business forward.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate daily with product, internal stakeholders, and other engineers to design and build microservices to support all aspects of the business
- Pair with senior engineers on R&D projects
- Develop with languages such as Python, Go, Node.js
- Engage in architecture and infrastructure decisions for the services(s) you own
- Collaborate on the planning and execution of business-critical products
- Learn about the QA, operations, and performance of your products
What you’ll have:
- 3+ years experience building interesting, complex server-side systems
- Docker experience is a plus
- Microservices experience is a plus
- NodeJS or Go experience is a plus
- You’re intellectually curious, and understand the pros and cons of different tools and technologies.
- A pragmatic approach to engineering. You have opinions about engineering processes, architecture, infrastructure, and tools, but understand there are often multiple valid ways to solve a problem.
- Product and business sense. You care about the impact of your work on the business and end user and take a proactive approach to working with Product.
A month at Updater might include:
- Rotating office DJ duties
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and rip-roaring happy hours
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie laser tag and Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with the entire team
- Group outings to NYC Meetup events
Compensation & Benefits:
We're looking for top-tier talent, and we offer compensation packages that include competitive base salary & stock options. Our comprehensive benefits programs include health care, dental, transportation subsidies, and Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO).