Who we are:
- With over 25 million surveys collected annually from thousands of retailers worldwide, Bizrate Insights is one of the largest sources of verified customer-generated seller ratings and reviews, helping both retailers and consumers make informed decisions. Bizrate Insights’ core solutions cover online visitors and buyers as well as retail store buyers, allowing retailers of all sizes to build best-in-class customer experiences, gain competitive intelligence, and attract more qualified traffic.
Why you should work with us:
- Our biggest investment is in people like you. We offer comprehensive health benefits and 401k matching, plus career-boosting opportunities like tuition reimbursement, learning sessions and attendance at tech conferences to help you thrive. At Bizrate Insights, you can expect the fast-paced excitement of a startup with the rock-solid support from an industry leader – with some nice perks on the side. If you are a passionate technologist who can get a lot done while having fun, come join a team of like-minded, skilled professionals where you can learn and share your knowledge!
What we look for in our engineers:
- Ownership. You feel ownership over everything you deliver. You never call code done until you’re confident it’s correct. You’re passionate about owning the operations of what you build.
- Passion. You are excited to work with a modern technology stack, and you have demonstrable experience with a diverse pool of technologies. You pride yourself on monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
- Team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team—that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Impact. You will work on a product that is collecting over 25 million surveys annually. You seek new methods and tools to make great products faster and better, both on the front-end and back-end.
- Never stop learning. You continuously learn what’s new and great in your field and contribute to on-site tech talks and training sessions to spread the wealth.
- Collaborate. Partner with a diverse group of professionals with different skills & disciplines across the organization to achieve a common goal.
- Write great code. You are passionate about great design, great code, performance, resiliency and an outstanding user experience.
As a Software Engineer, you can look forward to the following:
- Designing and writing great code in an ecosystem of distributed microservices deployed in AWS
- Building and scaling infrastructure in AWS by natively practicing infrastructure as code at every layer
- Utilizing streamlined development and deployment processes that empower engineers to drive features to production
- Mentoring other engineers to drive growth in best practices and effectiveness in a DevOps culture
- Working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to anticipate technical needs and facilitate the design of our infrastructure
- Owning the operations of the services you build
- 3+ years experience developing and running Java microservices in a DevOps culture
- 3+ years experience building fault tolerant, low latency production services using technologies such as AWS Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, S3, ELB/ALB, RDS, SQS, Kinesis, Kafka, DynamoDB, Redis, CloudFormation and CloudWatch
- Demonstrated experience delivering software to production architected for high-availability, scalability and cost efficiency
- Hands-on expertise and deep systems knowledge of the Linux ecosystem
- The ability to work in a fast-paced and fluid environment is key to being successful in this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience