$80K — $100K *
- Responsible for designing and performing detailed engineering efforts in the assigned discipline, including but not limited to the following tasks:
- Analysis of existing technology applications, processes, and products, taking into consideration costs, life cycle considerations, reliability, maintainability, productivity, and long-term support.
- Performing intensive technology research & evaluation of a broad array of alternative solutions to improve existing implementations.
- Defining and implementing advanced technological implementations and evaluations to provide risk reduction & determine production feasibility of improved and alternate technological implementations.
- Designing, implementing, and achieving operational status of advanced technological and engineering approaches to satisfy customer needs.
- Responsible for providing detailed cross functional engineering communication, design, evaluation, and implementations achieving novel and unique functionality and capability through multi-disciplined engineering applications through:
- Participation in multidiscipline design teams and process action team efforts.
- Preparing and presenting design alternatives to a multidiscipline review peer group.
- Preparing and implementing designs that apply multidiscipline solutions achieving breakthrough performance and unique technological applications.
- Responsible for technical interface with present and perspective customers through the following activities:
- Diagnosing existing and perspective customer needs and opportunities through informal and formal interaction to understand present operations and limitations and customer priorities and needs.
- Preparing and presenting detailed technical presentations, using information gathered both directly and indirectly, to provide customer insight into technological capabilities that could significantly improve operations.
- Insuring strong technical communication and understanding through use of terms, design illustrations, and operating paradigms that are common to the customer experience.
- Provides detailed technical information to program managers including cost, schedule, and technical risk assessments at all stages of implementation.
- Complies with all Executive Director approved MERC-wide policies and procedures.
- Adheres to approved MERC MSP quality management policies and principles, and promotes an attitude of commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Ensures familiarity with all MERC core capabilities, and with current and potential customer base.
- During all customer contacts, remains alert for any potential problems or opportunities that could possibly lead to additional business for any MERC core capability area.
- Reports all perceived or identified MERC business opportunities to the Director of Acquisition Strategy through a Chief Engineer.
-REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- A Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering from an ABET accredited institution and 2 years of directly related experience; or a Master's degree in same and 1 year of directly related experience; or a Ph.D. in same.
Valid through: 12/15/2021