Currently, Meijer is looking for a Software Engineer for our Retail train. This position develops, tests, maintains and enhances business applications as a member of an Agile Payments development team, and works with the entire team to ensure development conforms to acceptance criteria.
The Software Engineer filling this role will develop best in class API's utilizing cutting edge technologies and work with business product owners, developers, and quality analysts to drive value delivery and will participate in all phases of Agile software development.
- Codes, tests, and implements programs; develops system documentation according to SAFe Agile principles and industry standards.
- Participates in structured walkthroughs, secure coding, and technical reviews ensuring application coding and design follows secure coding and design principles.
- Performs unit tests, monitors results, and takes required corrective actions as needed.
- Provides technical consultation in new systems development, new package system evaluations and enhancement of existing systems.
- Interfaces with the Product Owner and IT partners to develop acceptance criteria for features and user stories and ensures acceptance criteria are met.
- Works within the SAFe Agile framework and utilizes ITIL best practices.
- Performs feasibility studies/proofs of concept to evaluate solutions.
- Assists in the production support and maintenance of applications in accordance with ITIL as needed.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience and technical training is required.
- Any SAFe certification (SSM, SASM, SA, SPC, SPMPO)
- Minimum of 5 Years' experience in systems development and programming.
- Good foundation in Retail and Payments. (Transactional systems.)
- Minimum 2 years experience developing API's and web services using Restful, JSON, XML, or SOAP XML
- Experience with database, data storage using SQL, MySQL, Postgres, Cosmos desired.
- Experience as a team member on project teams in a cross-functional environment. Experience on Agile teams is preferred.
- Experience in design and implementation of IT solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Ability to provide high level of quality and productivity.