Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
MTSI is a global leader in Live Fire and Virtual training equipment. MTSI currently has ~400 employees in 7 countries--US, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Holland, and UAE--performing sales and service activities with a majority of employees located in Suwanee, GA. Most of the production and engineering is performed in Suwanee.
The Software Engineer will be initially focused on developing new capabilities for the Meggitt Training System XWT ProImage projected target system and Rangemaster target control. The role will also be a key contributor in defining and implementing our software development for all MTSI's live fire targetry including pop-up and moving targets for commercial, law-enforcement, and military customers.
Job Core Responsibilities
Education: BS Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years' Experience: 3-5+ years with degree or 5-7 years without degree
• Experience with scripting tools (Python, Bash, etc.) to debug and automate tests
• Experience with any game engines
• Experience in mobile application development
• Experience to write system design documentation and participate in design reviews
• Experience to write unit level and integration test plans
• Experience with single board computers such as Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc.
• Ability to work independently or with hardware and software teams for design and integration testing
• Experience with source control tools such as SVN, Git, BitBucket, etc.
• Experience with the agile software development methodology using tools such as Jira
• Experience and knowledge of firearms and firearm safety
• Ability to travel (< 10%)