McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
McKean Defense is currently seeking a Software Engineer for shipboard machinery control systems to work out of the Philadelphia Navy Yard. The candidate will support computer programming through the software life cycle, including the writing, reviewing, and maintaining new or existing software requirements, generating technical documentation regarding software, designing and analyzing software architectures, software configuration management, software implementation, product deployment, and planning and executing software maintenance activities.
- Develop, test and install software for machinery control systems, using C++, and Microsoft .NET Framework
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio and version control (Git)
- Experience identifying and documenting software problems using Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience developing, compiling, and debugging source code in C++/CLI, Managed C++, and/or C#
- Experience resolving software problems via through debugging, research, and investigation
- Basic knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP
- Provide distance and on-site support of software systems and networks
- Prepare and maintain new and existing software requirements
- Write, review, and maintain technical documentation such as user manuals, product specifications, and training materials
- Experience with databases (MS Access, SQL)
Travel up to 25%
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- CSSLP certification a plus, but not required
- Excellent technical communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Candidate must have active Secret clearance, or be clearable
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.