The Software Engineer Manager is responsible for overseeing the development of a large and complex suite web applications used within the automotive industry. This self-starter will be responsible for driving the team to bring the websites and apps to life. They will take the vision from business stakeholders and product partners to execute on the vision using the latest UX technology stacks. This is an opportunity to join an exceptional team and work in an environment on projects that will be used by both end consumers and employees of the largest automobile manufacturers around the world.
This person is metric sensitive and understands that success is based on meeting both customer behavior and revenue goals.
Their portfolio must demonstrate a depth of experience with emphasis on leading and driving teams passionate about web focused applications including complex data-driven enterprise applications.
The candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary environment, display strong communication skills (e.g., presentation), focus on continuous improvement whilst delivering multiple projects, to agreed deadlines.
- Deliver a wide range of high profile, accessible and standards-compliant web and projects
- Managing and developing a team of software engineers to include but not limited to performance management, career development etc.
- Lead and manages organizational staff, budgets, and organizational goals/objectives; leads the organization through changes that support the overall organizational business and performance goals.
- Ensure the vision and strategies for learning and performance meet the current and future business and talent needs for communicate and role model the organization?s mission, vision and goals.
- Work with colleagues and technical resources to define technical solutions that meet business requirements using agreed tools and technologies
- Develop solutions in-line with in-house standards and practices
- Carry out unit testing during the code development
- Contribute to the on-going development of best practices, identification of suitable new tools and system and service improvements
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements.
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual.
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Collaborate with Product teams to design and develop quality products that are: brand right, user-focused, easy to use, accountable to business objectives, and delivered on time.
- Should encourage and support production tests of design elements to optimize site performance and achieve business goals.
- Must be able to quickly turn a high-level design concepts and prototypes in support of an agile development workshop.
- Supports the unity and growth of the team by providing creative ideas and constructive feedback to other designers/developers.
- Articulate rationale behind interface decisions and how to prioritize interface features.
- Education: Four-yeardegree (or comparable work experience) in computer science or related field.
- Experience: 10 + years of successful software development experience and delivering highly engaging user experience
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- 5+ years of experienceworking with technical teams using programming languages such as Ruby, C#, or similar)
- Proven track record working on high volume, high profile websites
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility, responsive design, organized code structure, and highly interactive user experiences
- Competencies/Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Experienceworking with technical teams using web development technologies including HTML 5.0, CSS 3, ES6/7, JQuery, REST, Bootstrap, Angular/Aurelia/Knockout, git
- Strong understanding of internet, systems, web technologies and web service architectures
- In-depth knowledge and experience of the software development lifecycle
- Understanding of W3C web standards and accessibility guidelines is required
- A good understanding of configuration management, testing and bug tracking