The Software engineer designs and implements software applications in C, and assembly language using applicable coding standards. In addition, he/she will analyze existing code to locate defects, determine their cause, and implement solutions.
Must function well in a team environment, but also be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
Interaction with Sales, Marketing, Program managers, Engineering team members Product validation, and Manufacturing on an ongoing basis is required. The senior firmware engineer is expected to review test plans to ensure complete functional coverage, enable a production automation strategy, and provide technical assistance.
Although the job's primarily focus is Embedded Software design, other software and circuit design skills may be required to optimally fulfill all aspects of this position.
• Designing, writing, and testing micro-controller firmware to integrate circuit functions and user interfaces tomeet company and customer needs;
• combining existing software products (getting separate functions to work together and creating code to link them);
• developing existing systems by analyzing and identifying areas for performance enhancements, cost reductions, or other modifications/improvements;
• maintaining systems by monitoring, identifying and correcting software defects;
• investigating new components and technologies;
• documentation of firmware utilizing conventional flowcharting methods;
• creating technical specifications and test plans;
• working closely with other staff, such as project managers, and sales and marketing professionals;
• consulting clients/colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and asking questions to obtain information, clarify details and implement information;
• constantly updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications;
• Problem-solving and thinking laterally as part of a team, or individually, to best meet the needs of the project.
1. Bachelors Degree and minimum 3 years experience in embedded software design and engineering
2. Works in close support with other engineering design personnel in the preparation of software programs and design changes, necessitated by inadequate specifications, general manufacturing problems and customer requirements.
3. Proficient in embedded C language
4. Strong understanding of Visual Basic and Visual C++
5. Under the direction of the Engineering, may prepare product feasibility studies for quotations.
6. Demonstrated ability to research and recommend new design engineering enhancements at a generallevel.