We are seeking a software engineer who has knowledge and a passion for analysis, design and implementation in a business-critical environment.
Software Engineers are expected to work closely with Technical Leads, Architects, other Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers in a highly collaborative environment. If you want to be challenged in a fast, Agile environment with other A-Players and perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including iterative development, estimations and design sessions.
- Deliver project assignments on time and with high quality.
- Collaborate with Tech Leads and other Software Engineering resources in coding and implementing integrated, enterprise solutions.
- Work with distributed teams across various time zones.
- A customer-centric mentality/passion for building products with great UX.
- An engineering mindset and strong consideration of the tradeoffs present in every decision.
- Strong, supported, opinions about the right ways to do things that you aren’t afraid to defend.
- Work with the Technical Lead to create and support system design documentation following standard templates; take initiative to periodically review and recommend improvements to the templates as needs arise and to keep all documentation up-to-date.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 1+ years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience; Masters preferred.
- 2+ years of experience.
- Experience with modern browser technologies and cross platform challenges.
- 2+ years of experience with OO Languages
- Experience with CSS preprocessing frameworks such as SASS/SCSS or LESS.
- Knowledge of design patterns: Object-oriented development, client-side MVC.
- Familiarity with Foundation CSS, Node.js and Express.js.
- Familiarity in building and debugging complex systems in a team environment.
- Backbone or Vue experience preferred.
- Web experience in Retail or other high-volume customer facing web applications preferred
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business