• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 2years of experience designing and building full stack solutions utilizing distributed computing.
• At least 2years of experience integrating with larger code bases or materially important pull requests against larger projects.
• At least 2years of experienceworking with Python, Scala, or Java. Master’s Degree • At least 4years of experience in designing and building full stack solutions utilizing distributed computing.
• At least 6years of experience integrating with larger code bases.
• At least 4years working with Python, Scala, and Java.
• At least 4years of experience with leading distributed file systems and multi-node database paradigms.
• At least 2years leading teams in code development and balancing feature requests with feasibility constraints.
• A history of publications and conference attendance
What You Will Bring To The Role
• Excellent communication skills evidenced by multiple white papers (internal proprietary or externally published).
• Demonstrated ability to build full stack systems architected for speed and distributed computing.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new tools and paradigms to deploy cutting edge solutions.
• Experience mentoring junior engineers.
• Adept at simultaneously working on multiple projects, meeting deadlines, and managing expectations.
What You Will Do In The Role
• Act as an independent consultant to various lines of business to help create or improve projects.
• Develop both deployment architecture and scripts for automated system deployment in AWS.
• Code new machine learning paradigms, sometimes from first principles, for integration into production systems.
• Learn and work with subject matter experts to create large scale deployments using newly researched methodologies.
• Construct data staging layers and fast real-time systems to feed machine learning algorithms.
• Create white papers, attend conferences, and contribute to open source software.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.