Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
The deployments team works with external customers to solve novel machine learning on top of our Cloud Artificial Intelligence Platform. The team consists of machine learning, artificial intelligence, and data science experts who can bring deep expertise to new problems. The team engages with customers to solve real-world applied artificial intelligence problems from problem definition through initial deployment. In addition, the team is focused on making the engagement process more scalable through the creation of new AI playbooks, the collection and summarization of product feedback, and the creation of reusable pipelines and models.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google's cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practice experience.
- 3 years of professional software development experience or 1 year with an advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, or other relevant degree.
- Software development experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and working with large data sets and systems.
- Software development experience in Python.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, text understanding, classification, pattern recognition, recommendation systems, targeting systems, ranking systems or similar.
- Experience interacting with external vendors or customers.
- Ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Work with customers to solve novel, real-world artificial intelligent and machine learning problems. - Define and refine machine learning problems, including understanding data and business problem characteristics. - Train and evaluate machine learning models. - Produce artifacts such as playbooks, models, or pipelines to scale future engagements.