MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) is seeking Senior Software Engineers for Cyber Technology Services (CTS).
The Senior Software Engineer – shall participate in all phases of the software lifecycle in various object-oriented and scripted languages (e.g. Java Script, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby). The Software Engineer – Senior Level shall apply industry best practices to all development efforts; review, analyze, and modify software systems including coding, testing, debugging, installing and documenting; develop software documentation; and support system administrators with the installation of software applications and development of training materials. The Software Engineer - Senior Level shall be required to lead and mentor junior team members, guide users in formulating requirements, advise on alternative approaches, conduct feasibility studies, and estimate resource requirements for software tasks for inclusion in the project budget and schedule.
Candidate will split their time between software development and management of the team's tasks (80% development/20% leadership)
- Experienced developer on a large integrated JaveEE/microservices team. Developer is expected to be proficient in software development (Java) as well as be familiar with other scripting based languages. Must also be proficient in software development processes/software, have basic skills to work across team (DBA/Test/CM/SA…) and be able to perform work independently.
- Experience leading a team of software developers, gathering system requirements, vetting requirements with customer and managing user support.
- Sixteen (16) years demonstrated experience in service-based, web-based, and non web-based application design and development, to include experience with back end databasearchitectures, relational and cloud-based, and full lifecycle software development.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of experience, or a Master of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for six (6) years experience.
- Four (4) years demonstrated experience in software development in object-oriented and scripted languages (e.g., Java Script, C++, Perl, Python, Ruby).
- Six (6) years demonstrate experience leading large software development programs/projects.