The Monetization Platform team sits at the heart of Confluent’s business strategy, enabling the company to grow by monetizing products and features across Confluent Cloud - a fully managed multi-cloud solution. Our mission is to build a flexible, accurate, performant, and robust monetization platform responsible for supporting flexible pricing and payments, on-demand bill generation, etc allowing Confluent to define and sell products globally.
In this role, you will be building accurate, reliable, scalable, and functionally rich systems in the cloud to support usage-based billing and pricing in the cloud that powers Confluent’s revenue across all products and global markets. You will get an opportunity to work on business critical flows from ideation to completion by closely collaborating with Product Managers, different engineering and business teams.
Who You Are:
- Smart, humble, and empathetic
- Have a strong sense of teamwork, and put team’s and company’s interests first
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment
- Hands-on engineer who enjoys on working loosely coupled distributed systems
- Self-driven and highly motivated to deliver high quality solution with accuracy
- Able to work in agile environment and adapt to changing business requirements
- Believe in test-driven development
- Excited about learning and adapting to emerging new technologies
- Enjoy and take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a different technologies and systems
- Have a high bar when working with production systems
What We're Looking For:
- Experience in architecting, designing, developing highly-scalable and performant backend services
- Deep knowledge of designing distributed systems in cloud
- Experience in running production services in public clouds, with a drive towards quality, accuracy and operational excellence
- Strong problem solving and analytical/critical thinking skills with attention to details.
- Proficiency in a major programming language, e.g. Java, Go, C / C++, Python, etc.
- A strategic engineer who constantly thinks of operational improvements of the service to meet availability and performance SLA.
- Comfortable with troubleshooting technical issues across services and multi-level technical stack that includes microservices, containers, and virtualization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, like discipline, or commensurate work experience
What Gives You an Edge:
- Large public clouds: AWS, GCP, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Kafka or Kafka Connect
- SaaS platform development