Lux Engineering at Airbnb:
The Lux Team is focused on creating a brand new business within Airbnb: a product for the Luxury travel segment. We value strong developers who are agile enough to jump into projects across all areas of the stack.
We're a small, autonomous team, building systems from the ground-up. We're re-imagining the Luxury space, and deciding how Luxury Retreats and Airbnb can join forces to create the best Luxury travelexperience possible. As part of the team, you will help create that product and bring it to Airbnb's scale.
What kinds of challenges are Lux engineers working on at Airbnb?
- Building new user flows and agent tooling to support personalized booking experiences for luxury rentals
- Creating a new UI using React and cutting edge frontend technologies
- Working on internal APIs to help our iOS/Android apps work seamlessly
- Integrating systems across the already existing Airbnb infrastructure: customer experience, payments, risk, and messaging, to name a few
Blog posts from our team members:
- Rearchitecting Airbnb’s Frontend
- Moving Airbnb Search to React
The following are some examples of profiles that are relevant to us:
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience in engineering.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...