About LSQAt LSQ we're changing the way businesses manage the most important part of their business - their cash flow. Through innovative funding software and partnerships with the world's largest banks, we've been able to give small business owners a new lease on life when others can't or won't.
Our engineering team is currently experiencing rapid growth and are looking for exceptional talent to help us solve complex problems plaguing a space measured at more than $4.9 trillion.
The JobAs a Software Engineer you will be responsible for developing new products and enhancing the features of our existing products. You will be joining the backend team and will be contributing to the web services and infrastructure that are central to our business. You will be required to discuss and clarify requirements with our Product Team and to produce design documents to share with your peers on engineering team. You need to be able to work independently to solve problems, scope out work and break it into small, achievable feature descriptions. You should be very capable to produce clean, readable code in order to implement designed solutions in Java.
Daily, you will be building web services, deploying them to AWS hosted stacks and monitoring their performance. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and who is comfortable sharing their perspective on how to best solve the problem.
Successful Software Engineers will have these traits...Self sufficient
- Capable of researching problems on your own
- Ask questions to clarify the goal/get help
- Capable of debugging a problem and identifying the root
- Takes action on low hanging fruit
- Not content with the status quo
- Challenges existing assumptions
- Capable of managing multiple features or small projects
- Can reduce projects/problems into their core features
- Clear communication
- Documents designs and processes to distribute with the team
- Learns new skills, technologies, languages
- Continually strives to master your core field
- Learns from peers and leaders by watching their patterns
- Can identify repetitive tasks and propose solutions
- Can separate needed and unneeded parts of code
- Can work on multiple things at once
- Can share knowledge and skills with others
- Eager to help and train interns
- You will be responsible for...Writing clean readable code
- Reviewing PR's
- Building web services
- Communicating designs and development progress
- Breaking out feature requests into specific stories
- Debugging code written by you and others
- Maintaining and improving our ETL
- Working closely with our Product Team and QA team to develop and test your services
- The prerequisites for this position are...3+ years software engineering experience
- Fluent in Java 8
- web services (JSON-RPC)
- SQL (MySQL preferred)
- Nice to have experiences are…CI/CD pipeline experience
- AWS experience
- C# and familiarity with the dotnet core framework
- Fin-Tech experience
- Team EnvironmentDevelopment, QA, and Product teams with no egos
- Agile, 2 week sprints
- Automated builds and test execution
- We communicate largely through Slack, GitHub, Clubhouse, and Google Hangouts, but always prefer good old-fashioned face-to-face conversations!
- Experienced leaders who will challenge you to grow
- Freedom to be creative and develop great products
- "Hack Weeks" where we give our team creative license to spend a week on their own ideas
- What we offer:Competitive salary
- Downtown Orlando location (north side of Lake Eola) with free parking.
- Fantastic health insurance
- Dental, Vision, Life, Short term & Long term disability insurance - 100% employer paid!
- HSA & FSA options
- 15 days of paid time off per year
- 401K plan with company matching and 100% immediate vesting!
- Financial planning services
- Casual dress – Florida is hot. Wear comfortable clothes!
- Free snacks & drinks in the office
- Company sponsored sports teams, events, and team outings
- For developers:
- Three 24" monitors
- Motorized standup desks
- 15" MacBook
- Whatever peripheral devices & software you need to do your job enjoyably
- Access to Pluralsight (an online course catalog)