Job Summary: See More
Do you thrive on new and exciting web technology? Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of an evolution and large-scale digital transformation? As a Front-End Software Engineer in the Lowe's Digital organization, you will be working in an open engineering culture that fosters collaborative decision making with a global team of passionate and talented web software engineers. You will have an opportunity to build best in-class customer web experiences; engineering a complex, secure and high-quality reliable website; and holding to the highest standards of code quality and testing seriously. You will be responsible for joining our marketing engagement product team and contributing to the software design, development and overall web development lifecycle for customer facing UI experiences for Lowes.com. If you are our ideal candidate, you will have demonstrated technical and problem-solving skills, a passion for technology, and strong ownership skills.
The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical application designs and to deliver code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. This includes developing, configuring, or modifying integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. This role facilitates the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
- Translates business requirements and specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with occasional guidance from senior colleagues; partners with Product Team to understand business needs and functional specifications
- Develops, configures, or modifies integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages
- Conducts the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications
- Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT), provides insight into defining test plans, and ensures quality software deployment
- Participates in the end-to-end product lifecycle by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
- Understands Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering fundamentals; knows software architecture and readily applies this to software solutions
- Automates and simplifies team development, test, and operations processes; develops conceptual, logical and physical architectures consisting of one or more viewpoints (business, application, data, and infrastructure) required for business solution delivery
- Solves difficult technical problems; solutions are testable, maintainable, and efficient
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 2 years of experience in software development or a related field
- 2 years of experience in database technologies
- 1 year of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop unit tests and automated test script
- Passionate about learning, innovation, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement
- Passionate for shipping consumer facing, high quality, web applications
- 4 years of experience working with defect or incident tracking software
- 4 years of experience with technical documentation in a software development environment
- Understanding of best practices for ADA compliance
- Experience with using Redux for state management
- Experience with using Node.js for server-side rendering
- Experience with developing micro frontends
- Experience with diagnosing performance bottlenecks during page rendering
- Experience using build engineering tools for CI (Jenkins)
- Experience with consuming micro services and APIs
- Experience with database technologies
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Valid through: 12/14/2021