Position Title: Software Engineer
Position Number: 280513
Location: Loveland, CO
Desired Skill Set:
Regression Testing, Software Analysis, Troubleshooting
****C2C IS NOT ALLOWED****
RU.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor or consider Corp 2 Corp candidates.
Title: R&D Engineer - Software
Estimated Assignment End Date: 04/01/2020
Number of Openings: 1
Location: Loveland, CO 80537
Hours: Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
The goal of this project is to improve the quality of software (SW) and firmware (FW) being developed and supported by the AES R&D team in Loveland Colorado.
The target solutions are 1) Solar Inverter Efficiency Test Solution (SIETS) and 2) Cell Forming and Automation Solution (CFAS).
The specific objectives of the contractor are:
1) * Assume ownership for current regression tests for afore mentioned solutions, including documenting results.
2) * Update regressions test for new FW and SW releases.
3) * Recommend and implement new strategy and processes to increase efficiency and quality of releasing new SW and FW solutions.
4) * Take lead in reproducing and troubleshooting customer application/support feedback to ?close the loop? on defects being reported.
5) *Work with R&D to develop workarounds, example code for short term responses to customer defects.
6) * Verify permanent resolution of defects and provide communication back to customer.
7) * For customer application related learnings on aforementioned solutions, work with appropriate application engineers to develop needed application collateral.
8) * For R&D application support, help define experiments, assemble test setups and create automation applications as needed.
Results of SW and FW quality improvement will be monitored quarterly, with a thorough review of impact after one year. Data from the SIETS and CFAS will be used as monitoring metric.
Experience with automation and programming test and measurement equipment.
Ability to provide direct customer support and clearly communicate results.
Interest in investigating and researching new concepts related to solutions.
BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related engineering discipline.
5+ years of software development or testing experience.
Experience with C/C++, C#, Visual Studio, Git, and package management. (removed unnecessary languages)
Expertise in modern object oriented software design methodologies and agile development practices.
Competitive spirit and strong desire to win.
Demonstrated ability to work with a team and collaborate effectively with global team members to accomplish tasks.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)