Job Description :
The Integrated Fighter Group is looking for individuals that would thrive in a challenging environment whose charter is to provide state of the art capabilities to two major deployed Warfighters: F-16 and F-22.
Both of these aircraft are on the front-line supporting key Air Force initiatives around the world and the measure of success for this work is in increased survivability for the men and women who put their lives at risk for all of us.
The selected candidate will be assigned to an AGILE team where they will immediately be given assignments which contribute to the development and deployment of these new capabilities.
They will participate in all phases of the System Software lifecycle from supporting initial System Design concepts, software requirements development, design, implementation, integration and test.
There will be opportunities to support software products being integrated in System Labs as well as supporting problem resolution identified during flight test. Opportunities will exist to obtain focused expertise outside of the Software discipline if desired.
Candidate will gain experience in avionics subsystems such as datalinks, stores management, weapon integration, mission computers, pilot vehicle interfaces, etc.
There are opportunities for leveraging skills in low level (infrastructure) software development tightly coupled with hardware development as well as high level application software development.
The applicant must have software development experience with one or more of the following: C, C++, C#, and/or Java. Experience with modern development tools (visual modeling, simulation, debug, and bus analyzers) and experience with Wind River VxWorks, Green Hills Integrity, Linux, QNX RTOS and/or Windows is a plus.
Experience supporting the software development life cycle and working in a mature software process environment is desired.
Candidate must be capable of supporting design and creating software solutions based on limited information on rapidly evolving projects. Must be able to clearly communicate and share design decisions to the team.
This role requires a highly motivated, organized engineer with the desire to take on challenging assignments.
Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be highly energetic and self-motivated.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a clearance.
- Experience with C/C++ languages
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Master's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Linux Operating System
- Modular Open Mission Systems Development
- Agile Software Development
- Agile Process Tools (e.g. Version One)
- Requirements generation and system interface development
- UML design documentation
- XML technologies for configuration and run-time messaging, including schema (XSD) and transforms (XSLT)
- Real Time Operating System and PC development (Greenhills, Wind River, Red Hat)
- Configuration Management Systems
- Embedded software
- Object Oriented (OO) Design