Software Engineer ll
Less than 5 years experience • Software
We are seeking a C/C++ software engineer to work in a small team at NASA Ames Research Center to support the development and maintenance of software for Stratospheric Observatory for Infrared Astronomy (SOFIA):
The successful candidate will be responsible for resolving issues discovered by astronomers, scientists, and other users, porting software, and designing and developing command and control systems for SOFIA.
- 2Years of C++ and 1Year of C Programming experience in VxWorks Environment.
- 2+Years ofexperiencewith VxWorks, including the hands-on work to
- Create and deploy kernals
- Develop concurrent tasks and debug concurrency issues.
- Manage Real-Time Processes (RTPs) and CPU Assignments
- Knowledge of communication interfaces – ARINC, RS-232, RS – 422, USB, Ethernet etc.
- Excellent Analytical, Verbal and written communication, and presentation Skills.
OTHER DESIRED SKILLS:
- 1. Experience with Wind River’s Workbench.
- 2. Familiar with Intel CPU architecture.
- 3. Experience with Assembly language programming.
- 4. Familiar with Makefiles and shell scripts.
- 5. Experience with Python, XML
- 6. Familiar with Mathworks’ Simulink.
- 7. Masters of Science (MS)
- Phone Screen with recruiter @ Bay Systems
- Phone Screen with Hassan Eslami @ SGT
- In Person Panel Interview at NASA
Position History: Project started 1.5years ago and this position became open due to more work.
Relocation: Not covered.
H1B/Sponsor/Visa: Must be US Citizen or Permeant Resident
- Client values candidates who thrive in research environment
- Likes candidates who have background in Aerospace projects
- Must be able to commute to NASA AMES on daily basis (Mountain View, CA)