As a Software Engineer, the candidate will develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. The candidate will also work individually or as part of a team, review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. The candidate will also resolve software problem reports as well as utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Debug existing software, correct defects, and provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
Active Top Secret Clearance with polygraph required
- Fourteen (14) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- (Note: Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree).