Title of Position: Software Engineer Level 2
Description of Position:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Design and code new software or modifies existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and corrects defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Make recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensures the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints
- Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- TS/SCI with Polygraph
- No CCAs will be considered for this position
Education and Experience Required:
- Development with C, C++, Wifi/802.x and networking protocols required.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and develop component Integration Test.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated ability to document component designs with a High Level Design (HLD) document.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and develop component integration test.
- Minimum ten (10) years combined experience in the following programming, scripting and query languages: C, C++, Assembly (Intel, Motorola, and/or PowerPC), Java, Pen, Python, C Shell, Bash, and SQL.
- Fourteen (14) years’ experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.