ProSync is seeking a Software Engineer with experience in designing, developing, testing, deploying, documents, maintaining, and enhancing complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements. These systems might include, but are not limited to, processing- intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, business management information systems, and systems which incorporate data repositories, data transport services, and application and systems development and monitoring. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Open Source Software (OSS) and/or Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Government Off-The-Shelf (GOTS) software in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components. Responsibilities
Qualifications Required Education :
- Responsible for developing, configuring, troubleshooting, and sustaining a distributed analytic service to evaluate streaming data-sets from an external service and collect evidence (logs, metrics, etc.) associated with failure events to support manual and automated root cause analysis.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance
- Debug existing software and correct
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new
- Write or review software and system
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular
- Design and development of relational and non-relational database
- Use of orchestration frameworks such as Spring and
- Familiarization with queue management systems
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional
- Develop and execute test procedures for software
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system perfonnance standards and conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem
- Modify existing software to adapt to new hardware or to improve its performance
- Design, develop, and modify software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design decisions
- Java development using the Eclipse IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
- Development of Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) applications
- Software development using continuous integration practices
- Unix shell scripting
- Development of event driven or data driven analytics
- Development of cloud-based solutions and technologies.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints. Perform quality control on team products.
- Recommend and implement suggestions for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements, and interfaces.
- Coordinate software installation on a system and monitor performance to ensure operational specifications are met.
Required Experience :
- Requires Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus three (3) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity OR
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus five (5) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity OR
- Seven (7) years of experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Experience using the Unix command line
- Experience writing scripts using Bash/Python
- Experience developing in Java in a Unix environment
- Experience with creating/interfacing with REST services in a Unix environment
- Experience working with data science methods such as statistical modeling, information retrieval, data mining, machine learning, and data visualization
- Experience with Creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics (regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.)
- Experience supporting complex data science and analytic projects
- Experience working with time-series data and applicable machine learning algorithms such as (HDBSCAN, ARIMA, etc.)
- The ability to implement machine learning algorithms from white papers if need be.
- Experience with the Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch/Kibana)
- Experience with general HPC technical knowledge regarding compute, network, memory, and storage components
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience with CI/CD principals and concepts using tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, and Bamboo
- Experience with distributed stream processing frameworks such as Apache Storm
- Experience with time-series visualization tools such as Grafana
- Experience with IaC principles and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, and SaltStack
- Experience with working knowledge of Configuration Management (CM) tools and Web Services implementation.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Requires an Active DoD TS/SCI - Full Scope Poly Security Clearance
- CCAs Will Not Be Considered
ProSync Technology is a leader in the Intelligence Community built on a community of talented and committed individuals. With a heritage built on supporting National Security and telecommunications industry we deliver solutions in Hardware Engineering, Intelligence Analysis, Cyber Defense, Research and Software Development.
Our executive team creates and expands business opportunities, recruits talented and intelligent technology professionals, and fosters a company culture that empowers ProSync professionals to shape and mold the direction of their careers and the direction of ProSync. Employees of ProSync Technology Group, LLC and applicants for employment shall be afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, national origin, disability, sex, age, or marital status.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more specifics regarding the position.