- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and toobtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Fourteen (14) years experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
Valid Through: 2019-10-14