- Boeing's Space Exploration organization is seeking a Software Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, AL. The qualified applicant will become part of Boeing's International Space Station (ISS) office, located on Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville, Alabama, which supports NASA on strategy and policy on Space Exploration programs procured by the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC).
- The International Space Station (ISS) is the largest, most complex international scientific and engineering space project in history and our largest endeavor into space to date. Completed in 2011, the ISS is larger than an American football field including the end zones. The ISS serves as a test bed for building and maintaining large structures in space, for conducting science and technology research leading to discoveries that will benefit us here on Earth, and as a test bed for developments in future human space exploration. Boeing is supporting a variety of capability enhancements that will enable use of the ISS to be extended to 2028. Those enhancements include a new communications system for visiting spacecraft, a new NASA docking system, lithium-ion batteries for the solar arrays, improved life support systems, software and avionics upgrades. In addition, Boeing supports processing of the laboratory experiment racks to facilitate experiments in space.
- Support release, development and testing of ISS Vehicle software, test tools, and lab equipment checkout used on the International Space Station.
- Participate in requirements, design, code, and test reviews, as required.
- Participate in and conduct peer reviews of released products, as required.
- Develop test procedures and test applications for executable(s) to verify requirements, and develop release
documentation, as required.
- Execute tests during informal and formal testing, and develop/release test reports, as required.
- Document discrepancies and problems.
- Participate in Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs), as required.
- Support process improvement initiatives to facilitate and expedite software development and test.
- Install and process system and security service packages, as required.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Requirements):
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Programming experience with C/C++ and knowledge of embedded systems.
- Prior experience with NASA programs a plus.
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Job ID 1700013226