The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for Software Engineers to work in our Orlando, FL office. Software Engineers will work collaboratively and effectively with System, Hardware, Specialty, and Cyber Security Engineers, 3D Modelers and Animators, Quality Assurance Testers, and Configuration management professionals in a cross-functional team.
• Review and analyze requirements, participate in defining, deriving and allocating software requirements;
• Plan and estimate efforts and document basis of estimation;
• Create design diagrams and documentation, as needed, to confirm design approach prior to implementation;
• Capture and document design decisions in accordance with prescribed process;
• Review software design with engineering and development team and with customers, capture and respond professionally to all feedback;
• Follow best practices and appropriate design patterns for creating modular and maintainable software applications;
• Follow the coding standards of the organization and add to the Leidos culture of high coding standards and software product excellence;
• Follow company guidance on configuration control, unit testing, integration testing and test logging;
• Accurately record hours and report status. Participate in daily stand ups, weekly status and monthly reporting cycles.
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5+ years of experience developing software applications for Windows PC platform;
• Experienced in all phases of ‘ground up’ development from analysis through final test;
• At least 2years’ experience with Java/JavaFX and SQL database development;
• Experience with UDP and TCP/IP communications between applications;
• Ability to follow configuration management best practices;
• Knowledge of object oriented and service oriented architecture and development practices;
• Demonstrated ability to perform requirements driven design and implementation, understanding of methods to maintain requirements traceability;
• Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines;
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse team in a fast paced environment, using an Agile or hybrid (iterative) life cycle with continuous test and multiple releases;
• Experience with or understanding of CMMI Level 3 compliant development;
• Excellent oral, written, and visual/graphical communications skills;
• Eligible for a security clearance.
• Experience in DoD virtual, augmented reality and maintenance trainer development;
• Experience developing virtual training or game applications;
• Experience with virtualized applications and/or cloud based architecture;
• Experience with hardware/software integration and formal user acceptance processes;
• Experience with scripting in the Windows environment.