The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) of Leidos has a career opportunity for a talented Software Engineer in Morgantown, WV to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command.
The AFATDS is an Army procured, multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application delivery of the Force Commander’s guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver indirect effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander’s guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
• As part of the AFATDS Training software development team, design, develop, test and integrate into the AFATDS 7.0 SW baseline an embedded help and training capability to provide the user context sensitive access, from the operational screen, to help for immediate task completion assistance and functional training modules to include simulation based training.
• Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug Training system software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as java
• Work independently as a contributing member of the Training software development team and in coordination with the Agile Sprint Team
• Use Jira, Confluence, Nexus, Stash-Git/Subversion development operations, collaboration and source control tools
• Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing
• Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them
• Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics
• Develop maintainable code that matches specifications
• Participate in Design Reviews, Sprint Planning, estimating, Release Planning, demonstrations and retrospectives
• Perform unit testing of code, including manipulation of data for analysis of system requirements
• Other duties as required
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• BS degree in related technical field and 4-8 years prior relevant experience OR Master’s degree with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
• Agile Software development experience
• Experience with Defense Intelligence Information Enterprise (DI2E) development tools, such as Jira, Confluence, Nexus, and Stash-Git/Subversion
• Experience in Java/J2EE technologies
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and SOAP based web service technologies, including WSDL, JAX-WS, JAX-RPC, XML, XSD, and XSLT.
• Experience with Objected Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming
• Experience designing and building web services, including REST-based services
• Experience developing applications using network sockets
• Experience serializing data structures using JSON or SML for communication with web clients
• Experience using pub/sub message queues, such as 0MQ
• Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Good verbal and written skills
• Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
• Ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
• US Citizenship is required
• Experience with automated unit test and test driven development concepts, tools, and languages
• Experience in User Interface development technologies, such as HTML5, NodeJS, AngularJS, etc
• Web Client end user devices, Smart Clients and Android applications
• Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems
• Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance.