The primary focus is a third party Java based application (PROS) running on a Windows cluster, with a SQL Server database, closely coupled with workflow automation via Control-M.
- Must be a strong technical leader who can prioritize well and have the ability to work in environments with competing and alternating priorities, with a constant focus on delivery
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter and work independently
- Experience working in a fast paced and demanding work environment
- Experience with vendor relationship management
- Functional knowledge of High Availability systems.
- Experience with troubleshooting and supporting Java applications
- Knowledge of Job Scheduling and Workflow Automation tools such as Control-M.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Occasional after hours or weekend support may be required
- Integration with external 3rd party vendors experience is a plus.
- Manage daily support and maintenance of PROS Price Optimization & Management Software, and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving mission requirements
Position Purpose and Requirements
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs. Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as materials management, financial management, HRIS, mobile apps or desktop applications products. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of software engineer experience
- Master’s degree and at least 3 years of software engineer experience
- At least 7 years of software engineer experience
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Support of Java Applications
- Using at least one of the following databases: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server
- Project Management Experience - Agile
- Windows 2012 R2 Administration
- .NET 4.5x development, MSCE preferred
- TFS (source code management)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Drive For Results
- Ethics and Navistar's Values
- Fucntional/Technical Skills
- Intellecutal Horsepower
- Problem Solving.