The Software Engineer will provide software development support to the 309th Software Maintenance Group (SMXG) Battle Control System Fixed (BCS-F) weapon systems. Support will include, but not limited to software/system sustainment, scripting and software testing to sustain the BCS-F weapon system. This includes planning requirements, analysis, testing, reporting and development of test documentation and scripts.
Individual must be able to attain and maintain a valid US Government security clearance to be retained in the position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilizes the Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) tool.
- Provides full software lifecycle development and maintenance support.
- Performs software engineering and development support in software engineering and development using C, C++, Java and ADA.
- Provides at a minimum: Bash, Python, and/or Pearl software scripting languages support.
- Performs Real-time embedded software development.
- Develops and maintains project test documentation.
- Maintains support and follows documented software processes.
- Provides scripting languages support including but not limited to: Compiling, Creating product builds
Software distribution, Debugging, Root cause analysis, Log files analysis, Workload estimation, Software design and architecture.
- Performs software testing support in software testing with: Test Planning, Test execution, Test Reporting, Unit Testing, Regression Testing, Stress testing.
- Provides technical contributions to team problem solving in a variety of settings including day-to-day interactions, meetings, leadership briefings, formal, informal, non-technical and technical reviews/peer reviews.
- Develops rules, procedures, or operations to identify issues/problems early and determining effective methods and actions for resolution.
- Interacts with internal and external customers to communicate information and coordinate actions.
- Provides guidance to individuals/teams on complex issues/problems that may cross functional areas, and working to resolve conflicts.
- Develops and advising on technical issues and procedures and communicating them to all levels, both internally and externally.
- Modifies the inherent technical interface document or test plan to reflect any software modification and brief.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- BS/BA in Computer Science Engineering or related degree (MS/MA is preferred)
- Secret Clearance (required)
- US Citizenship required
Skill & Certification Requirements
- Software testing in support of complex systems
- Automated test tools
- Scripting Languages (bash python Perl)
- Development using C, C++, Java and ADA
- Familiarity with Configuration Management
- Real-time embedded software development experience (Eclipse, Visual Studio)
- Proven ability to read requirement documentation with experience in transferring to software implementation
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Agile or DevOps methodologies
- DoD or Aerospace system support (desired)
- LCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled