Kratos Defense Rocket Support Services is seeking a Software Engineer to participate in flight software, ground support software and Hardware In the Loop (HITL) software development for thrust vector guided suborbital launch vehicles and attitude control systems. Ideal applicant will contribute to all elements of software development including requirements generation, software implementation, verification and validation, and documentation. May require up to 25% travel to support launch operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Help identify, refine and document appropriate software specifications.
- Implement concise and efficient software solutions.
- Identify and document objective evidence that software meets mission requirements and is flight ready.
- Provide software test plans, test procedures and test reports.
- Design and conduct software unit tests.
- Track software defects from detection to resolution.
- Design and conduct hardware in the loop (HITL) testing of flight components.
- Participate in full system integration tests.
- Review results of nominal, off-nominal and Monte Carlo trajectory simulations to confirm compliance with mission requirements.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: No supervisory responsibility.
Experience and Skills:
- Proficient in C/C++ and Python.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance.
- Previous experience working on all stages of software verification and validation.
- Previous experience working with embedded software systems.
- 3+ years of aerospace experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.