Reporting to the Sr. Manager of the Test engineering team, you will be developing test plans/scenarios that include key protocols, Interfaces and optics in customer-like environment which consist of physical routers and switches. You will be responsible to execute above test plans using both real routers, switches, virtual router and simulators (Ixia/Spirent) and automate the test cases for future execution. This role will require you to be a team player, excellent problem solver, and ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Develop comprehensive test plan
- Install and manage virtual environment to test upcoming virtual network application
- Execute above test plans using routers, switchs and simulators
- Use open source tools (Open Stack, Robot framework, simulator) to aid in testing.
- Develop automation for above test plans using Python and TOBY.
- Set up and maintain environment that includes routers and simulators (Ixia, Agilent)
- Process improvements to bring in efficiency and new ideas to the team
Skills and Experience:
- BS/MS in Computer science or related discipline
- 5-7 years of testing experience in networking industry
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of routing protocols and networking technology
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience of working in a team environment and driving teams to get quality results