The Boeing Company's Electronic and Information Solutions (E&IS) subsidiary Digital Receiver Technology (DRT) is seeking a Software engineer to join their team in Germantown, MD. A qualified candidate must demonstrate the ability to assist with design and implementation of real-time software for DRT hardware.
• Work with a multi-disciplinary team to provide end user solutions
• Design, Development, test, document, and maintain the current and next generation Software Defined Radios and Electronic Systems
• Assist in the architecture, development and integration of software components into fully functional software systems
• Write test procedures and document test results to ensure all system and derived requirements are met
• Knowledge of Linux development procedures, processes, and tools
• Support Business Development, Project Management and DRT Customer Base
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Proficient with C/C++ and Java
• Experience with developing application software using Windows or Linux OS
• Experience and/or background in SW test
• Familiar with Object Oriented Design Methodologies
• Experience with configuration management tools such as SVN and Git.
• Understanding of multi-threaded applications and systems
• Course work completed: Operating System, Data structure, Algorithms
• WiFi, Cellular communications/protocols, and/or networking
• Experience with developing applications with socket communications
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL Databases.
• Agile methodology is desirable
• Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.