The Boeing Company’s BR&T Production Analytics team is seeking multiple Software Engineering positions in a new division of our team being located with our BR&T South Carolina technology center. Our strategy is focused on developing new manufacturing technologies to support Boeing's growth initiatives and aggressive rate and capacity increases. Technologies include predictive analytics to be used in the build process as well as planning and trade study tools to be used in new technology insertion decisions.
The new Production Analytics team is focused on:
1) Developing and transitioning advanced analytics technology to support production engineering
2) Performing process simulation and 3D visualization to assist in new production systems integration and impact analysis
3) Developing statistical and machine learning analytics in support of factory operations.
As a software engineer, you will be required to complete requirements definition through independent research, and then design and build a prototype software solution under general direction.
The job is to support software research and development projects and will include:
• Assisting with the documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and
designs for software systems;
• Developing and maintaining code
• Integrating software components into a fully functional software system;
• Assisting with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
• Troubleshooting basic software issues
• Gathering information to support software project management;
• Documenting deployed processes and tools
• Collecting performance metrics
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
• Capability to perform front end web applications, backend database integration, and some model algorithm development for our analytics applications.
• Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Please note: related coursework counts as experience.
• Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.