Come Join Our Team! DKW Communications, Inc. (DKW) is a government contractor providing professional and technical services to various government agencies i.e. defense, law enforcement and security. We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our winning team. The individual hired for this position will provide support for our government customer located .
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs the work necessary to design, develop, document, test, integrate, and modify operating systems and application software for aviation training systems
- Develops, creates, troubleshoots, and modifies specialized utility programs and applications in support of real-time systems
- Performs hardware and software development planning in the incorporation of hardware and software modifications into aviation training systems
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- An active DoD Secret security clearance (or higher).
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics or computer engineering, computer science, or equivalent
- A minimum of three years of practical experience in software development associated with modeling and simulation within the training systems domains is required
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Windows and various Unix flavors, such as Linux
- Familiar with software development and diagnostic tools
- CompTIA Security+ CE preferred; if not held, certification must be obtained within six months of date of hire
Desired Programming Languages: Assembly; C, C++; Microsoft .Net (C#, VB); Java
Desired Operating Systems: Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008R2, Windows Server 2012R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5,6,7