The Large-Scale Analytics Group develops software systems that incorporate big data analytics and modern visualization techniques to find information hidden deep within large and complex data sets as well as to build planning and scheduling systems for the US Government. We are looking for software engineers to provide high-quality and robust end-to-end software systems to support these applications. The successful candidates should be creative thinkers, motivated problem solvers, team players, and life-long learners that want to strengthen the safety and security of our country.
Duties (Listed in order of importance with the estimated amount of time spent at each task):
1. Gather requirements to drive the analysis and design of technical solutions (20%)
2. Work in a team to plan, scope, and estimate level of effort (20%)
3. Design and code software applications (40%)
4. Test, deploy, maintain and enhance websites and database applications (15%)
5. Develop and maintain software documentation and User Manuals (5%)
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Sciences, or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience in software development, modern design patterns and web technologies using multi-tier architectures.
- Must be able to identify and document requirements to analyze processes and workflows. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work as part of a team and/or independently.
M.S. or Ph.D. in the disciplines listed above. Experience with relational and non-relational databases. Experience with agile methodology, unit testing, continuous integration, and related devops methodologies. The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Special Working Conditions [Travel, working in closed areas, extended hours]: Some local travel to sponsor sites may be required.
Security: Applicant selected will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.