Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications.
- Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Proficient with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Generates preliminary and detailed designs as required for enhancements or modifications to existing designs, requiring the application of current industry design concepts and utilization of basic technical writing skills.
- Performs a variety of specific professional engineering tasks of an analysis, design or test nature in support of the customer in a specialized engineering field such as software, mechanical, electrical, aerodynamics or electronics.
- Supports the TSSC Engineering group through all phases of software implementation and design on assigned projects with minimal supervision.
- Works closely with Test Engineer, PilotInstructors and Subject Matter Experts to evaluate and test software design implementation.
- Attends and participates in weekly and monthly meetings providing project and work status to upper level management and customer audience.
- Fosters a "team" environment and works well with peers and both internal and external customers.
- May provide technical direction to junior team members.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A Bachelors’ degree is required in engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics or related curriculum; or two (2) years related practical experience in technical field in place of each year of formalized education
- 4-8years of related work experience.
- Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Candidate must obtain and maintain Security+ certification within 120 days of hire.
- Candidate must currently hold a DoD Personnel Security Clearance of Secret or higher or be eligible to obtain clearance
- Working knowledge of the UNIX/LINUX environment (IRIX, Solaris), programming languages (C/C++, FORTRAN, Ada) and Windows NT applications.
- Expected to work minimal supervision.
- Must be able to perform effectively as part of the project team.
- Related skill areas should include technical writing and presentation skills.
- Good communication and organizational skills.