We are looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about technology and is eager to learn, grow and develop on a supportive, collaborative team. This is a great opportunity to work for an established company with a great reputation in the Global Life Sciences Sector working on critical, web-based, SaaS applications. Focus of work will be on enhancements, new features, support and maintenance to give you a broad view of the technology stack being used and to support your growth. There is also a strong training budget and support in attending conferences to grow your knowledge. The applications that you’ll be working on were written in the last couple of years so this is an opportunity to work with modern web-based SaaS applications.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
- Complete simple bug fixes.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve technical issues as necessary.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity of industry best practice e.g code coverage.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies such as Agile, etc.
- BS in Engineering / Computer Science OR equivalent experience.
PREFERRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to work with simple data models.
- Basic knowledge of data manipulation languages.
- Knowledge of data storage subsystems.
- Knowledge of test-driven development.
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.
- Basic oral and written communications skills.