Trustwave is a leading cybersecurity and managed security services provider that helps businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce security risk. Offering a comprehensive portfolio of managed security services, security testing, consulting, technology solutions and cybersecurity education, Trustwave helps businesses embrace digital transformation securely. Trustwave is a Singtel company and the global security arm of Singtel, Optus and NCS, with customers in 96 countries.
Trustwave, a leader in cloud-based compliance and information security solutions, is seeking a highly talented and motivated Software Engineer with established professional experience to join Trustwave's Big Data Product Engineering team.
- Work in small, agile teams to design, prototype and build new product offerings and enhance existing products and tools
- Collaborate with Product Management to identify, prioritize and document detailed product requirements
- Design, develop and document application and framework code in Java, Flex and other object-oriented programming languages
- Create robust automated unit/functional test suites and deployment scripts
- Work with internal QA team on system, performance and acceptance testing
- Familiarity with building cloud-native applications on different cloud platforms.
- Strong object-oriented design and Java programming skills, including experience with leading open source frameworks such as Spring. Familiarity with Scala/C++ or other object-oriented languages is also acceptable
- Experience in the development of high-speed streaming applications using platforms such as Flink/Spark/Storm/Kafka
- Familiarity with Machine Learning techniques
- Solid relational and non-relational database skills using MySQL/Maria, PostgreSQL, Mongo, etc.
- Real-world experience building very large scale, high availability applications
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop/ElasticSearch/BookKeeper/Ozone
- Ability to work with distributed teams in a dynamic, iterative development process
- Occasional overnight travel to other Trustwave offices in the U.S. may be required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the security industry is desirable but not required
We prefer college-educated applicants, but at minimum, high school diploma or equivalent is required for employment.