When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Carlsbad, CA / Life Sciences Group Commercial
How will you make an impact? You will be the key collaborator with the software team to deliver high quality software deliverables while building world-class software solutions that improve lives.
What will you do?
- Implement software components based on specified requirements
- Work with product owners to ensure requirements and acceptance criteria are clear
- Communicate status, risks and roadblocks to project team stakeholders
- Collaborate with software team to deliver high quality software deliverables
How will you get here?
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalently technical disciplines. – or a minimum of 5 years of software product development
- Experience with object oriented software design and programming.
- 3+ years of production software experience with Java
- Experience with scriptinglanguages (e.g. PowerShell, Perl, Bash) on Windows or Linux.
- Values simplicity in software architecture, design, and practices.
- Understands the importance of formalized testing.
- Experience, instincts, and enthusiasm around testing and testability.
- Authentic, transparent and leads by example, holding self and others accountable. Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others.
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions. Is willing to ask difficult questions and take risks; greets challenge and change as opportunity.
- Experience working with globally distributed team.
- Highly motivated fast learner who can self-start and "figure out what needs figuring out"
- Ability to effectively document and communicate software design artifacts.
- Must have experience with Java UI development using Spring and Swing.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Exposure to developing multi-tier, scalable, and browser based applications. Cloud-based applications leveraging AWS is highly preferred.
- Experience with OSGi frameworks (i.e. Felix, Equinox) a plus
- Experience using Agile software development methodologies preferred
- Web Service design experience: SOAP Request/Response handling, authentication, REST APIs desired
- Experience working with Test Driven Development (TDD) methodologies preferred
- Databaseexperience with Oracle a plus