- Work with business partners, project managers, and systems analysts to review business requirements, functional specifications, use-cases, and test plans.
- Design, prototype, and code new software components and applications.
- Modify and enhance existing systems to incorporate new functionality and to optimize them for performance and scalability.
- Coordinate with team members to execute test plans and provide support during user acceptance testing.
- Provide production support
- Ensure quality of product by enforcing established architectural/technology standards
- Author technical design and support documentation.
- 3+ years of relevant development and design experience (Financial industry preferred, but not required)
- Experience in relational databasetechnologies like Oracle, MySQL, and Postgres
- Experience with Perl, Python, UNIX/Linux, and Amazon Web Services desirable
- Experience supporting critical production applications
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast paced team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to write technical documentation